The race is on
Among them are Taylor Bensel and Upper Darby and Dennis Zonchar and Strath Haven, pictured. Zonchar, a UD transfer, and the Panthers fell to the Royals this week and lost some serious ground in the Central League race.
In the notebook, we look at another playoff contender in Archbishop Carroll, whose defense has been the reason for their success.
Elsewhere, Marple Newtown's Anthony Pezzotti, one of the county's leading goalscorers, has seen an uprise in his play. One reason in particular? Pezzotti credits a summer trip to Brazil where he worked on his skills.
ON THE GRIDIRON
Another week into the football season and the Daily Times has you covered. We staff every game that features a Delco team, and this weekend was no different.
Video and a story from the game of the week - Garnet Valley 21, Haverford 14 - are available just by clicking the links. John Lohn, our deputy sports editor, has you covered.
In other games:
- Chester took down Interboro, 27-20, for the first time in 11 years
- Cardinal O'Hara, without Corey Brown, eked past Roman 21-14
- Academy Park topped Penn Wood, 33-13, for its first league win
- Episcopal Academy stayed unbeaten, 33-0, by taking its act to Delaware
- Ridley kepts its focus in a 43-0 rout of Harriton
- Sun Valley got rolled by W.C. Rustin, 34-6
- Strath Haven needed its backfield in a 41-20 win over Springfield
- Upper Darby couldn't counter Conestoga's D in a 19-0 shutout
There are three more games today, so stay close to the Daily Times for the latest.