The Trentonian's Strange But True Page

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Exploding mower destroys home

JOHNS CREEK, Georgia (AP) - A man in the U.S. state of Georgia started more than just his lawn mower when he tugged at its pull cord - he started a fire that destroyed his home.
The mower exploded Tuesday in hot, parched conditions.
Danny Fendley was trying to start the mower in the garage of his two-story brick home in this Atlanta suburb when the machine burst into flames. Before he could extinguish the fire, it had spread through the garage.
Then his wife tried to toss a can of gasoline out a window as the blaze spread, but she missed, spreading the fuel "everywhere," Fendley said.
The flames engulfed the house in less than a minute. The couple escaped without serious injury.


Post a Comment

<< Home